Alpine Club, Islamabad
Alpine Club of Pakistan (ACP) was founded in 1974, by mountain lovers, as a Non Governmental Sports Organisation and the national mountaineering & climbing federation, dedicated to the promotion of mountaineering, climbing and mountain related adventure activities in Pakistan.
The Club aims at providing facilities, including training, to the mountain and nature lovers to enjoy the boundless beauty of Pakistan’s mountains, and participate in the healthy adventure activities of climbing(rock, ice and sports climbing) besides mountaineering.
Since its raising, it has launched numerous mountaineering expeditions to the high mountains of the Gilgit Baltistan and has trained a large number of its members in rock, ice and sports climbing, mountaineering and other mountain related activities. ACP is registered under the Companies Act with Securities Exchange Commission since 1978.
It is affiliated with Pakistan Sports Board as a national sports federation since 1982 and is working under the patronage of Gilgit-Baltistan Council Secretariat, Government of Pakistan since devolution of Ministry of Tourism, Government of Pakistan.
It enjoys close support of the Frontier Works Organisation (FWO). ACP is Pakistan’s sole representative on the world climbing and mountaineering Federation - Union Internationale Des Associations D’Alpinisme (UIAA) and is the founding member of the Union of Asian Alpine Associations (UAAA). It maintains linkages with other outward bound organisations.
Aims and Objectives :
The Alpine Club of Pakistan aims at achieving following :-
- Cultivate mountaineering and outdoor culture amongst the nature lovers and interested persons, specially youth by providing facilities for climbing, mountaineering and mountain related activities.
- Promote and organise mountaineering expeditions either singly or in collaboration with other mountaineering organisations /clubs/climbers from abroad.
- Organise training in mountaineering, rock, snow/ice climbing, Sports climbing, ski-ing and trekking and for other Club activities.
- Organise training for liaison officers, high altitude porters, mountain and trekking guides and for other disciplines of mountain related activities.
- Organise and participate in rock, ice, Sports climbing competitions, ski-ing and trekking championships /tournaments, both at home and abroad.
- Organise trekking trips and summer/winter camps for intrested youth and club members.
- Facilitate visiting expeditions by providing liaison officers and other required support.
- Advise and provide co-ordination on mountaineering and mountain related matters.
- Maintains liaison with governmental, non-governmental and sister organisations at home and abroad for promotion of mountain related activities.
- Represent Pakistan and safeguard its mountaineering and climbing interests at UIAA, UAAA, IFSC and other international forums.
- Undertake measures for the preservation and protection of the environments of the mountain areas independently or in collaboration with governmental or non-governmental organisations.
- Maintain archives, prepare and provide information and data on mountains and mountain related activities in Pakistan.
Mon-Fri: 9:00 to 11:00