Mahoor Shahzad defeated the number one seed Soraya Aghaeihajiagha of Iran to win the women singles title of the event being played at Rodham Hall, Pakistan sports complex, Islamabad.
YONEX SUNRISE Pakistan International Series 2019
- Mahoor Shahzad of Pakistan produced a stunning display in the final of Yonex Sunrise Pakistan International Series 2019 to win the women singles title.
- Saran Jamsri of Thailand prevailed in straight games over fourth seed Georges Julien Paul of Mauritius to win the men's singles final.
- Hussein Shaheed and Fathimath Nabaaha Abdul Razzaq of Maldives upset the number one seeds Dipesh Dhami and Amita Giri from Bhutan in straight sets to win the mixed doubles finals.
- Aminath Nabeeha Abdul Razzaq and Fathimath Nabaaha Abdul Razzaq of Maldives won the women's doubles title.
- Prad Tangsrirapeephan and Apichasit Teerwiwat, the number two seeds, won the men's doubles category.
Shuttlers from 12 countries competed at the successfully concluded International Series Badminton Tournament 2019 held at the Pakistan Sports Complex in Islamabad from November 7 to 11.
Total 12 countries including Thailand, Czech Republic, USA, Malaysia, Mauritius, Maldives, Nepal, Iran, Iraq, Canada, Afghanistan and hosts Pakistan participated in the event. Total 30 local players were in action.
The events comprised of five categories, which were men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles.