The unseeded Hoor Fawad overcame top seed Hareem Anwar in fully stretched women’s singles final of Karachi Table Tennis Championship which concluded successfully at Islamia Club, Karachi.
Karachi Table Tennis Championships 2020
- The unseeded Hoor Fawad registered her name in the annals of the game by becoming the youngest Karachi champion when she fought gallantly to beat top seed Hareem Anwar in fully stretched women’s singles final.
- Aahil Shah, successfully retained men’s singles crown when he thumped unseeded Arsalan Alvi.
- Hareem ended up with a double crown (women’s team event and mixed doubles) so did Aahil (men’s team event and men’s singles).
- Saim Adnan also annexed the doubles crown (mixed doubles and men’s doubles).
- Saim and Hareem teamed up to defeat Arsalan and Qurat Sakina 11-8, 12-10, 16-18, 11-6 to land the mixed doubles title.
- The men’s doubles title went to Arsalan and Saim who carved out straight 11-8, 11-6, 11-6 victory over the duo of Usman and Salman.
Karachi Table Tennis Association (KTTA) was organized the another exciting event by the name of Karachi Table Tennis Championships 2020 from 24th to 29th January at Islamia club soldier bazar Karachi.
The said event was open for doubles categories while Men's and women team’s events were for Karachi Table Tennis Association (KTTA) affiliated Clubs only.
A total of five different category competitions were contested which are stated below:
1. Men's Singles
2. Women’s Singles
3. Men’s Doubles
4. Women’s Doubles
5. Mixed Doubles.
The registration fee was set as low as Rs.100 for single’s events meanwhile Rs. 200 was for Double’s category each pair.