PCB confirms schedule of 266-match 2021-22 domestic season
Pakistan Cricket Board today announced the schedule of 2021-22 domestic cricket season in which it will hold 10 tournaments, comprising 266 matches. In the 2020-21 season, the PCB had organised 220 matches in nine tournaments to become the only cricket board to deliver a complete domestic schedule.
Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the schedule of 2021-22 domestic cricket season in which it will hold 10 tournaments, comprising 266 matches. In the 2020-21 season, the PCB had organised 220 matches in nine tournaments to become the only cricket board to deliver a complete domestic schedule.
Domestic competitions in the 2021-22 season are separate to the home international matches against New Zealand, England, West Indies and Australia, and the HBL Pakistan Super League, which will be held between September 2021 and March 2022.
Not added to the 2021-22 domestic matches are the ongoing two-day CCA tournament matches, which commenced on 16 July and will conclude on 22 August, and the CCA U19 tournament that will begin on 1 September. The two tournaments are designed to provide opportunities to the outstanding performers to graduate to the Cricket Association sides for the senior and pathway competitions in the PCB Domestic Season 2021-22.
The additional matches in the forthcoming domestic circuit have been added in pathways cricket for which the PCB has allowed the six Cricket Associations to field two sides each in the U16 and U19 tournaments.
This means 12 sides will feature in the 62-match National U19 three-day championship and One-Day Cup, which will run side by side, from 3 October to 12 November in Gujranwala, Islamabad, Muridke, Rawalpindi and Sialkot.
Another 12 sides will take part in the 31-match National U16 Cup from 8 to 19 March 2022 with Rawalpindi hosting the single-league competition.
The National U13 One-Day Cup has returned to the national circuit after missing out last year due to Covid-19 pandemic. This single-league event will be held in Faisalabad from 8 to 18 February 2022.
Schedule (subject to any late changes):
First XI competitions
- National T20 (six teams, 33 matches) – 25 September-13 October
- Quaid-e-Azam Trophy (six teams, 31 matches) – 20 October-29 December
- Pakistan Cup (six teams, 33 matches) – 25 February-30 March 2022
Second XI competitions
- Cricket Associations T20 (six teams, 15 matches) – 15-22 September
- Cricket Associations Championship (three-day) (six teams, 30 matches) – 28 September-14 November
- Cricket Associations Challenge (50 overs) (six teams, 15 matches) – 19-27 November
- National U19 Championship (three-day) and Cup (one-Day) (12 teams, 62 matches) - (3 October--12 November)
- National U16 Cup (One-Day) (12 teams, 31 matches) – 8-19 March 2022
- National U13 Cup (One-Day) (16 matches) – 8-18 February 2022