15th West Asia Baseball Cup 2021 likely to be postponed
The BFA has given two weeks to the 15th West Asia Baseball Cup to be played in Iran in July, in which the deteriorating situation of Corona in Pakistan and India.
An important online meeting of the Executive Committee of the Baseball Federation of Asia (BFA) was held yesterday.
The meeting was presided over by Mr. Tom Ping, President of BFA and Mr. Ricardo Fraccari President of World Baseball Softball Confederation was also present on the occasion. On behalf of Pakistan Federation Baseball Federation, President of the Federation Syed Fakhr Ali Shah participated.
Some important decisions were taken in the meeting, according to which the BFA has given two weeks to the 15th West Asia Baseball Cup to be played in Iran in July, in which the deteriorating situation of Corona in Pakistan and India.
In view of this, it will be decided whether the tournament will be postponed or canceled. Iran Baseball Federation is ready to host the event.
In addition, the following decisions were made:
1. The Under-15 Asian Baseball Championship, which was scheduled to be played in China in August, will now be played in December 2021 or January 2022.
2. The 30th Asian Baseball Championship will now be played in Taiwan in December 2021.
3. The 3rd Women's Asian Baseball Championship will be played in 2022. Host and dates will be announced later.
4. Coaching, umpiring and scorer courses will be conducted under the supervision of Baseball Federation of Asia. Host and dates will be announced depending on Corona's situation.
5. The first University Asian Baseball Championship to be held in China this year will now be played in 2022.